Job title: Telecommunications Service Technician
Company: MTS Services
Job description: Description:
Please be advised that due to our concern for the safety of our workers and request of many of our customers, any new hires will be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid reason not to be vaccinated prior to the first day of work.
MTS Services specializes in structured cabling for information systems. We currently have opportunities to increase the size of our service group in the New Hampshire and Massachusetts areas.
This position will report to the Service Manager, but will work with other Technicians and the Service Coordinator on a regular basis as well. A strong work ethic and flexible attitude is critical for success in this role, in addition to an acute ability to solve problems effectively, on-site, with little supervision. Our Service Technicians are troubleshooters, problem-solvers, and customer relations specialists, in addition to being proficient cable technicians.
MTS Services offers:
- Starting pay between $25 to $28 per hour, based on experience
- 2 weeks vacation your first year
- 8 paid holidays
- $45 per month cell phone reimbursement
- Full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) after 1 year of service with up to 4% company match
- Company work van
A Service Technician will be responsible for:
- Category rated copper solution installation
- Completing daily service order and work orders accurately
- Communicating with customers directly
- Fiber Optic structured cable distribution system installation
- Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards
- Terminating, assembling and installing 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors and optical fiber connectors
- Accurately testing copper and fiber cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment
- Diagnosing and correcting copper and optical fiber problems
- Reading blue prints to determine closet and equipment layouts
- Installing closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures.
- Attending training and safety meetings, and working safely at all times utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment.
- May lead small install team at times (1-2 technicians)
Ideally, candidates should meet our current requirements for Dedicated Technician, Lead Technician, and Foreman level positions. This means the ability to install, terminate, and test various types of data cables, as well as exhibit the leadership traits expected of employees in those positions. In addition to those requirements, candidates for the Service Technician position must also meet the following criteria:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to first day
- Ability to work independently or lead small teams
- Advanced time-management skills
- Track record of timely and accurate paperwork and administrative reporting
- Above-average PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- Track record of reliable attendance and dependability
- Acute troubleshooting capabilities
- Above-average communication skills, both between management and clients
- Responsible decision-making skills
- Ability to legally drive a company-owned vehicle
- Fiber optic skills are preferred but not required
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds as necessary
- Ability to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, and drive for extended periods
- Capable of, and comfortable with, working in confined spaces
Most importantly, the successful candidate in this role must have a positive outlook, an ambitious nature, and the drive to always perform at his or her utmost ability. Service technicians represent MTS Services in transactional agreements with clients on-site. It is important to always represent MTS Services with positivity, professionalism, and trustworthiness. If this sounds like you, then please submit your resume and cover letter for review. We have a terrific group of employees here at MTS Services, and we look forward to making this opportunity a reality for someone new.
Expected salary: $25 – 28 per hour
Location: Londonderry, NH
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 07:59:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!