Job title: Telecommunications Technician 3
Company: VTG Defense
Job description: Job Description:
VTG is seeking Telecommunications Technician 3/ Lead Technician/Supervisor supporting Navy NGEN located in Ventura County, Los Angeles, California.
Familiar with a variety of complex installations, repairs telecommunications systems and equipment, and performs the following duties:
- Oversees or assists in the installation of structured cabling systems (fiber optic and copper).
- Oversees or assists in building telecommunication closets while adhering to applicable standards and specifications.
- Ensures grounding and bonding are compliant with applicable standards and codes.
- Ensures fire stopping procedures are accurately followed.
- Oversees or assists in testing and troubleshooting of structured cabling systems.
- Ensures transmission fundamentals of copper and fiber media are maintained.
- Uses knowledge of and experience with Outside Plant operations to ensure rodding, roping, and fiber splicing, and connectorization are properly performed.
- Troubleshoots entire communications system to determine if problems are related to hardware or cabling.
- Tests and evaluates newly installed or existing hardware to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility.
- Utilizes technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment which meets establishment requirements.
- Visits vendors to learn about available products, enhancements, or services.
- Reviews timesheets and expense reports for accuracy, approves these documents, and ensures they are submitted in accordance with company procedures.
- Compiles, reviews and/or submits other reports, such as site reports or project status reports, as required by management.
- HS plus seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience to include an AS plus five years of related experience or BS plus four years in related field.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; and MS Office Products.
- BICSI Level 2 certification is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must have their own PPE and Basic hand tools for cabling technicians
- Must be local or within 50 miles of location
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be able to support installation schedule and meet budgets provided by VTG Project Manager. PM may not be on site but will report daily to PM on status and progress made
- Must be capable of getting ladders, lifting boxes, materials, etc.
- Must have PPE equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, etc)
- Supervision experience managing multiple cabling installation crews for installing new copper, fiber, backbone/riser cabling
- Ability to understand floor plans, telecom room layouts, and provide redlines for final Asbuilds
- Material understanding and ability to confirm materials
- Ability to terminate all types of fiber and copper cables using all types of connectors
- Experience in installation of cable conveyances (cable tray, J hooks, ladder rack)
- Telecom room buildout experience (racks/cabinets, patch panels, grounding, etc)
- Testing experience using Fluke or equivalent test sets for fiber and copper
- Troubleshooting experience
- CAC Badge (Preferred)
- DoD Secret or higher clearance (Preferred)
- Communicate daily with VTG PM (remotely or on site) on progress made
This position is contingent upon contract award
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 03:15:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!