Job title: Telecommunications Technician II – TS/SCI w/Full Scope Poly
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family: Telecommunications
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges.
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you’ll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. Our work depends on a Telecommunications Technician joining our team to support a large infrastructure support effort in Annapolis Junction, MD
At GDIT, we foster a people-centric environment. As a Telecommunications Technician, you will be trusted to work on projects related to the role. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Provide 24/7 mission and infrastructure monitoring, notification, administrative support, logging, ticketing and reporting for supported systems as part of the IT Facing Service Desk (IFSD)
- Use ISP provided and contract specific tools, databases, displays, logs, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents and Knowledge Base (KB) articles to identify and validate event data, take SOP/KB specified administrative action, provide ticket-based event tracking, and to provide timely notification and routing of issues to support teams as required
- Coordinate with both ISP and watch staff for situational awareness and support actions, and with customers and support personnel to provide notification and response to event activity
- Perform router and switch updates in support of security actions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- HS Diploma plus 1 year of applicable experience OR equivalent combination of experience and education
- IAT Level II 8570 Certification (Security+ CE or equivalent)
- Active TS/SCI with current Polygraph
- Ability to work shifts (evenings, nights and weekends)
Available shifts for this position are:
Tuesday through Saturday Evening shift: 1400 – 2200 (Eastern Time)
Sunday through Thursday Evening shift: 1400 – 2200 (Eastern Time)
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options: Onsite
Work Location: USA MD Annapolis Junction
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Job date: Wed, 25 May 2022 04:50:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!