Job title: Transportation Analyst
Job description: Job Description
Title: Senior Transportation Analyst
Location: Piscataway, NJ 08854
Duration: 12 Months
Hybrid schedule: 3 days onsite in Piscataway, NJ and 2 days remotely
Position is based in an office environment
May need to travel to local facility in Lebanon, PA once or twice a year
- The Senior Transportation Analyst, Exports serves as the single point of contact for managing shipments from Company US, Puerto Rico, and Dominican Republic sites to Company foreign affiliates in 90+ countries. Shipments are managed from multiple sites, including Company-operated Distribution Centers, Company manufacturing facilities, and 3rd party vendors’ locations across 3 Segments.
- The Senior Transportation Analyst, Exports is responsible for daily transportation/logistics in coordination with freight forwarders, shipping sites, US-based Operating Companies, and Company foreign affiliates.
- Another key component of the role is identifying and implementing process improvements to drive increased efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- This role is also tasked with identifying cost savings opportunities.
- The process improvement projects, and cost savings opportunities require strong analytical and project management skills.
- Manage daily shipments from Distribution Centers and Manufacturing facilities to Company foreign affiliates.
- Ensuring export compliance of export documentation, and supporting product launches, quality events, sourcing events and communication between freight forwarders, shipping sites, and other Stakeholders.
- Leverage export process and industry expertise to implement improvements into overall business strategy. Serve as Subject Matter Expert and Project Management Lead for cost savings and service improvement initiatives.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop training and deliver business updates.
- Partner with Sourcing Team for validation of lane requirements and implementation of selected service providers or mode changes
- Communicate to business partners any industry-related, governmental, or weather-related changes that may impact the business
- Take lead as subject matter expert in the set-up and review for new shipping lanes (Customer Profiles, routings, SOPs, coordination w/Compliance Team).
- Understanding of US Customs requirements, Export Compliance Regulations is required.
- Strong analytical skills, project management is required.
- Ability to drive successful business processes and solutions are preferred
- Ability to influence others through effective communications and working relationships with diverse functional areas within client are preferred
- Company distribution centers and manufacturing plants – varying levels of interaction with Company and third party run facilities in order to address facility-specific initiatives or business needs
- Transportation providers – daily interaction to assist in shipment scheduling, addressing service issues.
- Daily/weekly interaction with various functions in approx. 20 Operating Companies on strategic initiatives and day-to-day business needs
- Company Overseas Affiliates – as needed interaction with affiliates in the case of escalated service issues, the arrangement of customized transportation solutions, and as-needed new customer set-up, SOP development.
- Required: BA/BS
- Desirable: MA/MS/MBA
- 0 to 2 years’ experience
Expected salary: $20 – 23.59 per hour
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 23:09:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!