Job title: Transportation Analyst
Job description: We’re not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together.
Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you’re passionate about achieving goals, trying new things and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Transportation Analyst who will lead the day-to-day transportation operations of Welch’s TMS activities and support the development of business strategies to enhance transportation performance. The Transportation Analyst will provide transportation analytics and recommendations with a focus on freight costs, service optimization and continuous improvement. In addition, they will also develop and issue relevant reports and KPI’s enabling proactive performance management.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as liaison to the business and in-house expert for the TMS application, including ongoing maintenance, identifying enhancements with internal team, and updating requirements
- Work cross functionally with supply chain team (customer service, sales, distribution, procurement, planning and others) on daily operational tasks, as well as projects and improvement initiatives
- Lead and develop strategic business initiatives by identifying efficiency opportunities, providing analytical expertise, and supporting data driven decisions throughout the supply chain
- Monitor data flows to ensure synchronization of transportation information. Verify EDI interfaces are functioning properly, and carriers are providing required load status updates
- Triage transportation and other active issues by acting as the liaison between internal and external partners
- Develop KPI metrics and review via weekly/monthly reviews with both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. transport carriers, freight market) and drive performance improvements as it relates to service quality and cost efficiencies
- Lead regular performance reviews with our carriers and TMS service provider to include activity related to volumes, cost, customer service, freight payment and relevant reports/KPI’s
- Support the forecast and transportation & distribution budget process, while identifying and leading cost savings initiatives for year over year improvements
- Support carrier contract negotiations, creation and maintenance with Legal/Management, adhering to local and federal requirements
- Network with peer companies and professional organizations to stay current with industry trends (freight cost, service, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Understands transportation function and the overall Supply Chain inter-dependencies, including transportation metrics (cost-per-cwt and on-time shipment)
- Promotes and fosters a positive collaborative environment by building and maintaining relationships both internal and external
- Ability to work both as part of a team with all levels of the organization and operate independently to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation) with ability to implement and conduct training
- Recognizes issues and proactively keeps relevant stakeholders informed as appropriate
- Uses good judgment in interpreting policies and procedures to accommodate our requirements (e.g. recognizes value of retaining existing carriers)
- Self-motivated and able to uncover and analyze problems, then implement creative solutions
- Willing to challenges the status quo by questioning standard practices, identifying barriers, and developing new and better ways to do things ensuring continuous improvement
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain preferred
- Three (3) + years of transportation, supply chain, or logistics experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP is a plus
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and functionality
- Ability to travel domestically as needed, estimated 5% of time
- Lean Six Sigma or Process Improvement experience/knowledge is a plus
What You’ll Enjoy:
– Organization with a bold, clear purpose.
– Authentic culture that supports working together to deliver results.
– Workplace where teams care about each other and your voice is heard.
– Core and voluntary benefits so you can choose the right recipe for you.
– Generous 401(k) plan with annual company match.
– Flexible schedules so you can balance your work life priorities.
– Learning and development opportunities with coaching.
– Safe and clean working environment.
Welch’s believes that our differences make the difference, and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vets.
Location: Concord, MA
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 05:04:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!