Job title: Transportation Coordinator
Job description: Description :
This position is based in Roanoke, VA and reports to the Manager of Freight Payment. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for supporting Freight Payment and various operational roles as needed. The Transportation Coordinator works collaboratively, cross-functionally, internally and externally, to ensure carrier invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner. In addition, this individual will assist with achieving high levels of carrier on-time pickup and delivery performance so that Revlon meets or exceeds customer delivery requirements while reducing transportation cost and/or OTIF fines. The Transportation Coordinator will ensure carrier invoices kicked out for exception at our Freight Payment Provider are handled timely and accurately. This accuracy includes coding of those invoices to the appropriate accounts.
To achieve this, the Transportation Coordinator collaborates with Freight Payment Providers, Carriers, Distribution and Shipping personnel to understand shipment timing and develop a plan that best supports Distribution and Transportation objectives. The Transportation Coordinator applies their judgment, experience, knowledge of current market conditions, transit times, delivery requirements, shipping considerations and routing guide information to make mode and carrier selection decisions prior to load tendering. Once the tender is accepted by a carrier, the Transportation Coordinator ensures that the carrier shows up and picks up the shipment(s). While backing up other Team Members, shipments that require tracking and tracing will need to be reported to the appropriate individuals.
This role will have back-up responsibilities to Team Members in Roanoke and Oxford. This Team Member will need to understand Freight Payment Coding, Outbound Freight, Diversified Markets, Promotions and Permanent Cabinetry roles.
- Support Freight Payment to ensure carrier invoices are processed timely and not held up at our Freight Payment Providers.
- Review Carrier Aging Statements to understand what is outstanding and work with carrier/Freight Payment Provider to resolve.
- Resolve Freight Payment invoices kicked out for manual resolution and coding.
- Routes, coordinates and performs track and trace functions for Diversified Market and Promotional shipments as a back-up to the Primary Team Member.
- Back-up to the Team Member in Oxford overseeing Outbound shipments.
- Assist with correction of IDOC errors in SAP system
- Create Bills of Lading (BOL) and coordinate carrier pick-ups when required
- Uses computer software such as MS EXCEL to generate requested reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of transportation industry experience or experience in a similar role preferred
- General understanding of LTL, Parcel and TL modes of transportation
- Ability to learn different computer systems quickly
- Intermediate experience using MS Office (Outlook and EXCEL)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Teamwork: Openly shares ideas with others
· Innovation: Identifies and implements new ways of doing things to improve service and/or reduce cost
· Results-Focused: Holds self and others accountable for producing results
· Communication: Keeps other informed before questions are asked, be proactive
· Problem-Solving: Ability to apply transportation experience and expertise to an array of transportation issues
· Judgment: Demonstrates good judgment using quantitative/qualitative arguments; analytical reasoning, technical expertise and an understanding of the audience
· Awareness: Conducts self professionally; anticipates and thinks through how others may react / feel
· Continuous Improvement: Bias for excellence; looks for ways to improve work processes; challenges status quo
· Relationship Management: Builds, develops and maintains strong, collaborative internal and external relationships
· Thinking Ahead: Anticipates issues / problems before they occur and has solutions ready
- Prioritizes Work Effectively: Must be able to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience working with a Freight Payment Company is a plus
· Experience working with SAP is a plus
· Experience working with JDE is a plus
- High School Diploma Required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Freight Payment Companies
- Distribution and Shipping Personnel
- Credit Department
- Customer Logistics
- Carrier Representatives
- Finance and Accounting Departments
- 3rd Party Companies
Location: Roanoke, VA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 06:10:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!