Job title: Transportation Planner
Job description: SHIFT: 4:00 PM- 12:30 AM MONDAY-FRIDAY (NIGHT SHIFT)
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the daily coordination and execution of cross-dock and regional multi-stop truckload and LTL activities within a defined regional footprint in the US.
- Create and manage a daily dispatch/load out plan for the Wayfair Operations team to ensure timely movement of merchandise.
- Manage daily upwards of 300 emails, text and or phone calls between drivers, our suppliers and our corporate team members.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to provide a 360-degree view of merchandise flow.
- Identify and communicate any exception or at-risk shipments, and offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
- Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop improvements to the supply chain based on business priorities.
- Serve as the key operational contact for warehousing sites and carrier partners.
- Uphold Wayfair Standard Operating Procedures and Key Performance Indicators across the transportation network.
- Work with Wayfair site leaders to identify opportunities to improve Volumetrics and reduce damages.
What You’ll Need
- 1+ years of Logistics or Operations experience
- Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
- Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar Transportation Management Systems.
- Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
- Able to work well with multiple cross functional teams.
Location: Perris, CA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:10:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!