Job title: (USA) Manager II, Systems Engineering – Disaster Recovery Specialist
Job description: Position Summary…
What you’ll do…
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies and processes for providing Disaster Recovery capability in the Cloud
- Assist in Developing IS Infrastructure disaster recovery strategies in conjunction with technology managers
- Participate in Disaster Recovery testing activities including Test preparation and post test documentation
- Proven ability to present, discuss and explain pertinent topics and issues appropriate to the audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and work with limited oversight
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good influencing skills
This position will be on the Walmart Disaster Recovery team, focused on building and supporting Walmart’s best in class resilience solutions.
Working on Disaster Recovery at Walmart you will…
· Work with teams of talented engineers to build a best-in-class Disaster Recovery solutions
· Solve difficult business problems using the latest and greatest technology and automation, innovating the future of Disaster Recovery at Walmart
· Be given the freedom to try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations and own them all the way to production
· Drive continuous process improvement via automation and innovation
· Ensure product quality
· Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in automation, application deployment, and/or systems administration
- Significant proven experience working in Windows environments (primarily Windows Server 2012 and 2016) and Linux environments (RHEL / SLES)
- Proficient with minimum of 3+ years’ experience programming and scripting languages: Bash and PowerShell
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure – Install, configure, automate, and monitor various Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager and AzureCLI
- Experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments
- Experience in Network and Network services
- Experience in Active Directory and Centrify Services
- Experience with version control tools such as Git
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools: Ansible, Puppet
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaborate with teams both remote and local.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Azure certification
- Docker, Mesos, and/or Kubernetes experience
- Confluence and Jira experience
- Service-Now Experience
- ITIL Certification and/or experience
- Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Experience with additional programming and scripting languages (Python, Ruby, PHP, Perl, or others)
- RDBMS systems (Cosmos DB, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience building, adopting and maintaining RESTful API’s
- Experience with API’s, micro-services, and event-based systems
- Experience with Terraform
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees for $1 a day, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 to $200,000
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 4 years’ systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years’ systems engineering experience OR PhD
OR 6 years’ of experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location… 10625 FEDERAL DRIVE, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80908-0000, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off – to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can’t work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see .
Expected salary: $80000 – 200000 per year
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:32:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!