Job title: (USA) Senior Manager I, Engineering
Job description: Position Summary…
What you’ll do…
Senior Manager I, Software Engineering
It’s an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a candidate for a key position in Walmart for the Muse Team. The Muse team is developing a comprehensive platform aimed squarely at improving the quality of Walmart’s fresh produce and meat. They started as a hack days project and never abandoned the “startup mentality”, choosing to operate in the way best suited to reach that goal. They listen to each other, make their voices heard, and stand together to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the fresh supply chain from farm to fridge. Expect to be held to a high standard while being given the opportunity to experiment and fail, provided you’re willing to pick yourself back up afterwards.
- Lead the work of eight to fifteen engineers for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design reviews.
- Conduct regular 1:1 session with engineers to coach and discuss career objectives and growth opportunities.
- Assess team and individual performance.
- Direct large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wireframes); communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with the project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with product manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Support business objectives by collaborating with product partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example a business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, business, and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Utilize industry research to improve Walmart’s technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; benchmarking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading a team, giving and receiving feedback, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You’re a problem solver and like digging in
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and execution
- You have exposure working with cloud technologies
- You have experience leading teams and implementing technology globally
- You have experience with functional programming languages
- You have experience with large-scale mobile and web applications
- You have experience with using tools like Jira to measure team health and performance
You’ll make an impact by:
- Building and leading teams: Set and manage distributed engineering teams
- Providing cross-functional leadership: Working cross-functionally with product, engineering, program, and business teams to deliver efficiently
- Developing and executing plans: Drive the execution of multiple business plans and tech initiatives. Effectively communicate execution, capacity, resource plans, and priorities
- Operating with excellence –Demonstrating an owner’s mindset and continually improving our resiliency, observability, and processes.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Should be a hands-on leader with the ability to solve problems, remove roadblocks, and drive the team forward
- Knowledge of industry best practices for code quality, architecture, accessibility, and usability.
- Ability to compare different frameworks and tools and suggest the best option given the client requirements.
- Experience building and retaining high-performance teams and leading global software engineering teams
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area OR 5 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location… 805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Location: Bentonville, AR
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:50:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!