Job title: Venture Capital Business Development Manager – EdTech
Job description: Job Description
Our client, the world’s leading search engine and technology company, is seeking a Venture Capital Business Development Manager – EdTech. This is a 6 month + contract position located in New York, NY.
- The Cloud Education Technology (EdTech) Business Development role is an exciting opportunity to help build the next big business and define the future of truly ground-breaking technology.
- In this role, you work to drive awareness, adoption and business of the client’s public cloud for EdTech accounts, exceeding quarterly goals.
- Given that the Cloud Platform is a start-up business, this role commands a large amount of responsibility, and you are expected to participate actively in all aspects of building the business, including strategic planning, demand generation, installed base engagement/promotion, and net new account acquisition.
- In addition to the Cloud Platform, you will also be responsible for driving platform adoption and revenue for the Suite for Education, Client Classroom, Devices and future products.
- The Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of the client’s global data center and software products.
- As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in Education Technology companies Education.
- As the EdTech Venture Capital (VC) Business Development lead, you will be creating, instrumenting, and driving strategic partnerships for the client Cloud with key investors in the EdTech space.
- The goal is to partner with these VCs to deepen the Cloud’s selling motions of the client for Education-to-education technology customers in the United States.
- You will work with the designated VC firms and their associated operating companies and majority start-up investments to drive customer success, adoption, and business growth with these VC partners.
- Additionally, you’ll work closely with the designated industry teams, Sales, and Partner Management teams.
- You must be comfortable building and managing strategic relationships with VCs, evangelizing the value of technology in education, and developing and executing VC engagement strategies.
- Lead the Cloud’s partnerships efforts for US-based VC firms that focus on EdTech (Education Technology) companies.
- Develop the overall partner ecosystem strategy and partner-specific strategies for establishing and expanding key VC relationships within EdTech.
- Serve as the Cloud counterpart to executive leadership at strategic VC firms by representing the sales and partner organization, developing and setting shared partnership vision, successfully developing and discussing long-term partnership agreements, and supporting individual agreements within their portfolios.
- Engage the assigned portfolio of VC firms to drive pipeline and business growth opportunities for Cloud in partnership with the EdTech team.
- 5 years of experience working in the Education Technology (Edtech) industry.
- 5 years of experience in partnerships, sales, and/or business development roles with C-level stakeholder management.
- Experience working with field sales teams, marketing, services, and program operations.
- Experience in managing relationships with cross-functional teams internally and externally, and with executives.
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp).
- Understanding of the evolution of the education and education technology industry to its current state.
- Understanding and connections with the Venture Capital and Startup ecosystem for EdTech.
- Experience in public cloud solutions across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS markets.
- Experience in consulting or venture capital.
- Ability to form working relationships across technical and business functions in multiple companies.
- Ability to create compelling ROI value propositions.
- Financial analysis skills.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V ”
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:32:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!