Job title: Vice President, Cybersecurity Product Engineering
Job description: Company Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa is seeking an experienced technical leader to design, develop, enhance, and deliver the next-generation security technologies to maintain trust in the Visa brand, ensure the safety, soundness and integrity of the Visa payment system, and prevent operational losses to Visa and its clients. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of novel security technologies. The Vice President (VP) of Cybersecurity Product Engineering will also evaluate and improve on existing Visa security solutions, always seeking to reduce friction while increasing security, integrity, and trust. The right candidate will also be adept at engaging with partners within the business to identify gaps and drive adoption of security solutions. The VP of Cybersecurity Product Engineering will be an experienced leader, capable of leading teams working on multiple disparate projects and driving to product delivery.
Defines the direction for research (R&D), engineering within cybersecurity, within the context of the overall Cybersecurity and Technology strategy
Drives decisions with significant impact on the overall Cybersecurity Maturity and success metrics
Interacts internally and externally with thought leaders across regions, requiring influencing skills
Applies creative thinking/approach to determine solutions that further Business Goals and align with Technology Strategies
Ability to communicate on cybersecurity topics to diverse audiences, from new-hire engineers to senior executives and customers
Capability to conduct original research, or guide the research of colleagues, in order to solve complex problems through empirical methods and experimentation
Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of their self and others.
This position is open to the following locations: Ashburn, VA, Austin, TX, and Atlanta, GA.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in a computing-related discipline or
- 10+ years of experience with an advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in a computing-related discipline or
- 8+ years of experience with a PhD in a computing-related discipline
- Hands-on experience in software development with a focus on cybersecurity related outcomes
- Experience leading a large global team with at least 10+ years of management experience
- Expert in Unix shell scripting and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl)
- Expert in C/C++, Java, Go, Rust, or similar functional programming languages
- Expert in AI and machine learning
- Experience with CI/CD and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST)
- Experience with Big Data Platform/Engineering (Hadoop, Spark, Snowflake, etc.)
- Proven track record of automation
- Proven track record of taking research concepts from ideation to productization
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions using a wide variety of technologies
- Prior knowledge of Cybersecurity in the Payments industry is highly desirable
- Detail- and results-oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings.
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools (e.g., Jira, Rally)
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Experience in applied cryptography and how it is leveraged in product, protocol, and network design is preferred
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Location: Foster City, CA
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 03:07:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!