Job title: Vice President – Information Technology
Job description: Description :
The Vice President – Information Technology is an established servant leader who leads and oversees all aspects of the IT function, from working with the business units, to understanding and anticipating their needs, to developing and maintaining a fully capable and responsive team of IT professionals that can deliver solutions to diverse business areas in an effective and cost-efficient way. The VP-IT is ultimately responsible for ensuring that IT is in-sync with the overall organization and is continuously working to support both its current and future growth and strategy. The VP-IT also plays a pivotal role in guiding and advocating the use of current and emerging technologies to better support the organization, solve problems, improve the customer experience, improve speed to market, improve ease-of-doing business and to make the organization more effective.
- Leader of the organization’s technology functions and initiatives.
- Responsible for collaboratively forming and articulating SECURA’s long-term technology vision.
- Accountable for a broad spectrum of IT activities – from developing the IT strategic plan and technology roadmap to translating the strategic plan into specific actions and driving results for the IT function and the business.
- Foster a culture of building deep relationships, trusted partnership and delivering results.
- Deliver on a specific set of success measures: IT objectives attainment, staff capability, internal customer satisfaction, and other related measure
- Broad latitude in developing and sustaining a high-performing IT function
- Enable the organization to take advantage of contemporary infrastructure, tools, languages, and other technology progress.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop IT strategic plans and objectives to support the ongoing and emerging needs of the business.
- Be a trusted advisor that builds and maintains strong working relationships with other technical leaders and business executives to develop a keen understanding of business needs; using this information to align the technology roadmaps to meet the current and future needs.
- Ensure effective execution of the IT strategic plan by translating strategy into specific actions and initiatives, and ensuring they are successfully implemented.
- Develop and implement a technology roadmap that consolidates technology platforms and ensures that technology solutions support the IT strategic plan and are aligned with the various business units
- Develop and maintain a scalable model for the IT function to effectively manage the broad portfolio of projects and work throughout the IT function.
- Ensure a fully capable team of IT professionals with broad technology expertise and adequate depth in key capabilities, while building a robust succession plan for IT.
- Develop and manage budgets and appropriate staffing plans for the IT function.
- Establish appropriate IT policies and controls, and ensure organizational compliance with internal and external IT audits and reporting requirement
- Monitor trends and identify emerging technologies that drive business productivity and effectivene
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of proven experience within an IT function in progressively more responsible roles.
- 5 years’ experience in the Property & Casualty insurance industry preferred.
- Proven people leadership ability including: developing talent, short and long-term workforce planning, and creating a fun environment where performance excellence rules.
- Experience implementing a large scale Insurance Suite and a track record for leading technology transformational initiatives in sophisticated environments.
- Proven experience in technology planning, organization, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Proven experience as a business-focused, credible technology leader in a large fast-growing insurance company.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and attaining the best possible outcomes for the organization.
- Proven experience implementing Agile methodologies across an organization
- Proven ability to manage and fulfill a broad spectrum of the organization’s needs – from baseline tactical to strategic in nature.
- Experience working in an organization driven by continuous improvement or with equivalent focus on process improvement.
- Proven track record of building effective partnerships with leaders of business units and other function
Location: Neenah, WI
Job date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 22:15:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!