Job title: Vice President, Investment Banking, Middle Market M&A
Company: BMO Financial Group
Job description: Address: 90 S 7th Street
Job Family Group: Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Provides a combination of deep industry sector expertise, innovative thinking in a team-based approach and world class execution across a full suite of products to clients through an integrated Capital Markets platform using a sector ecosystem approach. Collaborates to generate creative, client-focused solutions to prospective and current clients.
- Operates as key member of the deal team with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Institutes cross-selling initiatives to increase ranking with client.
- Creates pitch books for clients with respect to financial solutions and participate in their presentation to clients.
- Monitors client, client industry, and regulatory agencies for potential changes that may affect client portfolio and business needs.
- Initiates contact with partners for new client sales.
- Directly manages a diverse portfolio of private and middle market companies with progression toward increasing client responsibility.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
- Conducts due diligence (e.g. client visits, analyzing business models, and comprehensively reviewing industry trends and related regulations).
- Understands client needs and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Collaborates with sector coverage partners for clients and prospects to identify / deliver creative, timely solutions.
- Provides deal expertise and prepares/oversees delivery of creative and timely “pitches”.
- Supports credit concurrence/pricing efforts as a client advocate.
- Maintains key ongoing coverage contact with clients and sector managers.
- Builds positive client relations through deep/comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment of our products/services.
- Identifies and leverages key decision makers and influencers in client / internal organizations.
- Acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintains awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitates means of receiving continuous updates.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with specialists as needed to support successful deal completion.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Creates financial models to analyze client portfolios and anticipate client needs.
- Uses financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell.
- Generates updated financial models/ analyses as dictated by business needs and industry requirements.
- Analyzes/ assesses industry compilations.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes / leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports / analyses to support client deliverables.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risks (credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.).
- Balances the Bank’s risk appetite with client needs when making recommendations / proposals.
- Identifies opportunities to find more cost-effective ways to impact the bottom line and drive profitability.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Reviews and guides work of Analysts and Associates to deliver business results.
- Delivers financial modeling to support strategic recommendations to clients.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Qualifications: * Typically between 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred with high academic achievement.
- MBA, CFA or equivalent experience in financial services, accounting, or legal fields.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in investment banking, negotiating and structuring financial transactions. This should include some experience in a corporate lending environment developing business.
- Relevant business services sector experience is highly desired.
- Good knowledge of the organizational portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Displays advanced deal execution and/or project management skills – ability to manage more than one client / major initiative.
- Demonstrates strong market knowledge to enable the comprehensive servicing of clients and the effective development of new solutions.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:15:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!