Job title: VP, Creative Design
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Job description: Come join a dynamic new national media powerhouse focused on the over-the-air TV consumer. The Scripps Networks (a growing portfolio of entertainment and news networks) provides absorbing entertainment and objective, intelligent news as we use our own distribution platforms to serve this unduplicated national audience. We meet the audience where it is with the programs it wants.
The Scripps Networks is hiring a VP, Creative Design who will leads overall creative art direction to create best in class design for the national Scripps Networks. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Creative Studio design team is highly effective and efficient and is expected to handle day-to-day creative leadership over all brands and design.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop creative and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brands strategy
- Ensure the delivery of strategic, smart and well-designed creative by designers
- Lead and critique creative design teams, providing strong art direction for the creative that is being developed and guidance when it comes to collaboration and implementation.
- Guide, direct and provide creative feedback to a team of designers as well as execute and lead by example by demonstrating highly developed design and layout skills
- Help translate/interpret the creative strategy for all projects into a great piece of creative that delivers the best communication and design solution possible and supports the national Networks.
- Help to cultivate an environment with passionate, driven design team members that have the strong desire to design and always execute best in class work
- Provide leadership to the design team, (lead and critique creative concepts), providing strong creative direction for the projects that are being developed.
- Stay current on trends around design theory and analyze and evaluate opportunities to apply new concepts to our on-air and digital and static offerings
- Responsible for helping to establish and maintain a corporate creative Brand asset management system that enables all business partners to effectively browse and search through completed creatives to support request context and the reuse of creative materials
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Art preferred.
- 10+ years of design and art directing experience.
- Experience working with Motion Design, News and Live News creative teams.
- Experience with video, print, digital and Motion design
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Passion for creating smart, modern and purposeful design solutions
- A strong leader with the ability to lead, clearly direct, guide and provide constructive feedback to your team members while balancing multiple projects and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional eye for overall design (space, type, color, etc.)
- Excellent leadership & communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to produce high-quality work quickly, iterating towards the best solutions
- Self-motivated, passionate person with a desire to learn and grow
- Able to adapt and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Stellar conceptual and problem solving abilities
Expert in CS Suite and Live TV graphic systems
Excellent attention to detail
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at .
(NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 05:21:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!