Job title: Zoning and Building Inspector
Company: Gila, County of (AZ)
Job description: Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to ensure compliance with building and zoning adopted codes and ordinances.
This position inspects for zoning violations and that various aspects of building construction are in accordance with the approved building plans and codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position does not supervise other employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs field inspections and structural reviews of commercial and residential projects to ensure building projects are being built to approved building plans/specifications and in compliance with building codes/zoning and wastewater ordinances; performs field inspections to include structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and compliance with requirements by other agencies; notes deficiencies and deviations from plans; refers serious problems and disagreements in interpretation to County Building Official.
- Prepares inspection reports and documentation; obtains photographic evidence in relation to zoning violations.
- Conducts zoning inspections and investigates complaints of zoning violations; provides related information to property/business owners and the general public and presents evidence at code enforcement hearings.
- Conducts building/zoning research and reviews documents from engineers, designers, code officials, and product manufacturers.
- Provides customer service regarding design criteria, structural calculations, building code and zoning ordinance questions; provides technical advice and assistance to designers, architects, engineers, contractors and owner/builders on code compliance and engineering problems; answers questions regarding zoning and building procedures; provides assistance with interpreting blueprints.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no responsibility over any types of budget.
Provides project resource allocation on technology projects.
ORAL COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position explains County procedures or processes and responds to public inquiries.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position creates or edits documents, internal memos, emails, reports and formal letters.
INTERACTIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Interacts extensively with employees, customers, the general public, vendors, regulatory bodies, and other groups and/or individuals and Institutions over the telephone, by email, and/or in person.
INTERACTIONS SPECIFICALLY WITH CUSTOMERS
Always (More than 85% in a year)
Minimum Education/Directly Related Experience Required
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
High School Graduate or GED with additional specialized or technical training courses.
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Two (2) years building inspection experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
International Code Council (ICC) Building Inspection Certification or the ability to obtain Certification within the first twelve months of employment.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Building and construction.
Active learning, critical thinking, communicating diplomatically, customer service, delivering training, negotiating, problem solving, installing / repairing and performing accurate data entry.
Find directions and current locations, multi-task, maintain mental response and quickness, maintain calm demeanor in stressful situations and deductive reasoning.
- Regularly stands to attend to customers.
- Regularly sits to complete report and to attend to other duties.
- Occasionally lifts work-related materials under 10 lbs., and work related materials up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly requires dexterity for keyboard operation.
- Incumbents in this position may be required to routinely walk to and from work sites, bend, crawl and kneel to complete tasks.
Incumbents in this position generally works in construction sites, in outside environments and is required to travel to inspection field sites. May occasionally spend time in lobby environment.
SAFETY RISK EXPOSURE
Incumbents in this position are routinely exposed to inclement weather, wetness, humidity, hot or cold temperatures. This position is exposed to frequent loud noise, dangerous machinery and heavy equipment.
PROTECTIVE GEAR & SAFETY MANUALS
Incumbents in this position are required to constantly follow written safety procedures and manuals relevant to the division or department. May occasionally require rubber gloves, safety footwear, hearing protection devices, eye protection devices and require hard hat.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERROR
Potential errors can cause inconveniences to other employees, and/or delays in related work areas. Delays of services are possible.
Expected salary: $44387 – 55484 per year
Location: Payson, AZ
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 03:53:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!