Aircraft Mechanic (UC-35), Army C-12, Kuwait
Basic Function Summary
Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms. Requires an airframe and power license.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
An Aircraft Mechanic is required to maintain all aircraft/systems in accordance with and within the limitations of the FAA and the aircraft manufacturer.
The Aircraft Mechanic reports directly to the Lead Mechanic on a day-to-day basis. When traveling to other sites to perform assigned duties, he/she would then report to the Fleet Manager.
The Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Inspect and certify aircraft at specific intervals as required by L-3, Government, and the FAA. Ensure inventory spares and materials to include receiving, usage, reporting, shipping, transfer, scrap, and replenishment are handled using established company procedures.
• Ensure timely submission of required reports and documents to Program Management and the Government.
• Ensure that the site assigned company and Government owned/operated/possessed items are maintained.
• Ensure required entries are made in the aircraft logbooks, configuration records, site records and Management Information System (MIS).
• Ensure compliance with quality and safety procedures/operations at the site level.
• Ensure company rules, standards, regulations, and policies are adhered to, enforced, and initiate actions to correct infractions.
• Advise the Fleet Manager/Site Supervisor promptly of unresolved or developing problem areas.
• Perform Collateral Duties and Responsibilities, as assigned by the site Lead/Supervision.
Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements.
This position requires an active Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED.
A FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
Minimum of three (3) years of recent hands-on airframe and powerplant experience.
Minimum of one (1) year of Cessna Citation hands-on experience. Note: The one (1) year of Cessna Citation experience may at the Program Manager discretion be waived if the candidate has demonstrated proficiencies in comparable areas.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• Must be able to meet the MOD 11 USEDNTCOM Individual Protection and Individual/Unit Deployment Policy, Tab A: Amplification of the Minimal Standards of Fitness for Deployment to the CENTCOM AOR, or any other requirement by CRC.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a passport and visa for overseas travel.
• Must have and maintain a current civilian driver’s license.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Must be able to travel to other locations requiring overnight stay.
Must be able to lift 20 pounds routinely and 50 pounds on occasion.
Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 10% of the candidate’s time and approximately 90% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
L3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Organization: *Sector – Logistics Solutions-21000028
Title: Aircraft Mechanic (UC-35), Army C-12, Kuwait
Requisition ID: 089852