GSE/A&P Mechanic, Army C-12, Kuwait
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic performs operational checks, service, and repair of GSE.
The GSE Mechanic is responsible, but not limited, to the following duties and functions:
• Applies technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and to troubleshoot and repair GSE electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems and components.
• Performs tire and wheel maintenance and build up. Evaluates GSE discrepancies to identify methods of repair and/or replacement.
• Identifies necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements, and provides timely estimates for all maintenance within scope of responsibility.
• Sets up service schedules, keeps records, and maintains all GSE equipment as a fleet.
• Performs inspections quarterly, semiannually, and annually.
• Ensures compliance with quality and safety procedures/operations at the site level.
• Ensures company rules, standards, regulations, and policies are adhered to, enforced, and initiate actions to correct infractions.
• Advises the Fleet Manager/Site Supervisor promptly of unresolved or developing problem areas.
• Performs Collateral Duties and Responsibilities, as assigned by the site Lead/Supervision.
Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
• Three (3) years’ experience as a GSE mechanic.
• Experience in corrosion detection, treatment and prevention.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• Must be able to meet the MOD 11 USEDNTCOM Individual Protection and Individual/Unit Deployment Policy, Tab A: Amplification of the Minimal Standards of Fitness for Deployment to the CENTCOM AOR, or any other requirement by CRC.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a passport and visa for overseas travel.
• Must have and maintain a current civilian driver’s license.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver’s license.
• Hazardous Waste Communications.
• AS9100C Program Awareness FOD and TCP Awareness.
• Operational Risk Management, Anti-Terrorism, and Security/Safety Training Security Clearance Awareness.
• Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces ground support maintenance repair courses or equivalent.
• Certification/Re-certification Requirements: CDI and Support Equipment Operator License
• Valid state driver’s license required – must maintain throughout employment.
• Ability to meet any Government/Company licensing/qualification requirements.
• Should have vocational, trade or factory school in diesel engines.
• Should have vocational, trade or factory training in generator repair.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions, technical manuals and/or directives in English and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to perform the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with hangar/flight line activities.
• Full knowledge of fuel systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, and gas and diesel internal combustion engines on GSE.
• Thorough knowledge of GSE, aircraft and ground safety procedures, applicable maintenance / technical manuals, basic tools, special tools, and test equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of fuel systems.
• Thorough knowledge of small gasoline engines.
• Thorough knowledge of air conditioning systems.
• Knowledge in basic electricity both A/C and D/C systems.
• Knowledge in electrical circuitry.
• Ability to perform light welding, brazing and soldering.
• Knowledge in hydraulic systems.
• Ability to read and comprehend service manuals, wiring schematics, and flow charts.
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all of the GSE equipment on site.
L3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Organization: *Sector – Logistics Solutions-21000028
Title: GSE/A&P Mechanic, Army C-12, Kuwait
Requisition ID: 089860