Manufacturing Team Lead
J&J Family of Companies
Role: Operations Team Lead.
Location: Cork, Ireland.
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC, (previously Janssen Biologics), is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products and related services.
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC manufactures products indicated for the treatment of conditions that include rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and cancer. Janssen Sciences Ireland UC established its operation in Ringaskiddy in 2005 on a 100-acre site with an investment of €500 million. The company has announced an expansion of its Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork facility that will allow it to meet the critical needs of patients around the world. The expansion plans involve an investment of more than €300 million that will increase the existing manufacturing space by an additional 19,100m2.
We have exciting opportunities for Operations Team Leads to join our team in Cork. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for coordination, organization and scheduling of team’s activities within the Operations department. This includes management of resources and leadership of the Operations personnel to ensure that targets are met.
What you’re great at:
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
• Customer focus.
• Mechanical/Technical aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Results and performance driven.
• Adaptable and flexible.
As Operations Team Lead, your typical day may include:
Main duties and responsibilities:
These activities include (but are not confined to) :
• Maximising the team’s performance on a team and individual basis.
• Establish team goals that align with the organisational goals and business/operational needs.
• Measuring these goals and ensure that specific targets are met.
• Provide coaching and feedback to the team and individuals to aid their learning process and help them acquire the skills necessary to perform effectively both as a team and as individuals.
• Through analysis and problem solving techniques encourage a culture of continuous improvement both for teams and for self.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements particularly in relation to the pharmaceutical industry, health and safety requirements and environmental. legislation and cGMP requirements.
• Developing systems to monitor quality and efficiency of area activities, and implementing continuous improvement strategies.
• Provide a forum for training and ensure teams compliance with company standards.
• Ensure all tasks are carried out as per designated schedule.
• Ensure all deviations are reported and investigated within a timely manner.
• Ensure effective communication occurs within the team, between shift teams and with other departments.
• Participate in regulatory audits and ensure audit readiness at all times.
• Ensure effective implementation of BEX projects, Kaizen, 5S, Lean.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Rare in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be part of this high performing team you will have the following:
• Third level or equivalent qualification.
• Supervisory experience.
• Understanding of the requirements of cGMP and familiarity with other relevant
• Scientific or Technical Qualification.
• Operations experience within a GMP regulated environment.
• Operations Experience within a Life Sciences or Biopharmaceutical environment.
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)