Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
The Project Manager is responsible for strategic initiative accountability. The role involves managing and delivering cross functional projects that may touch on all parts of the business within acceptable timelines and budget. The candidate must possess the ability to effectively communicate, influence teams and manage change in order to achieve results across business units and regions.
- Lead new Business projects from creation through completion across internal and external teams
- Project Definition:
- Work with Business and IT leads to define critical project details including deliverables, scope, timing, and project team along with risk/benefit analysis as required.
- Establish project budget and track project expenses. Anticipate budget shortfalls and escalate to management.
- Business Requirements: Work with business stakeholders to identify, gather and document business requirements. Capture sufficient detail to gain project sponsor approval and ensure clean hand-off to IT or 3 rd
- Project Timeline and Tracking: Establish and manage project plan, coordinating internal and external resources where applicable and communicating status across project teams and leadership.
- Communication & Issue Resolution: Partner with business stakeholders and IT leads to identify and resolve issues throughout the project lifecycle. Present findings and recommendations to technical and senior managers/directors.
- Project Implementation:
- Establish implementation plan and schedule including testing, training and pilot phases.
- Work with IT to ensure business requirements are met and critical bugs are identified and fixed in a timely manner establishing workarounds as needed.
- Monitor project to ensure seamless integration into business processes.
- Ensure details of enhancements and new technology are transferred to regional training teams (train the trainer)
- Monitor project roll-out with business operations teams.
Team Management and Collaboration:
- Manage and provide guidance to team members within project team.
- Establish relationships with key cross-functional team members.
- Collaborate with business teams and manage through change in order to apply best practices and consistent application of technology and processes across business units and regions to ensure successful project implementations.
- college degree required
- 3+ years in project management
- Experience in and good understanding of the Fashion and Apparel business lifecycle & landscape, i.e., Merchandise Planning and Allocations, Retail Operations, Business Intelligence.
- Qualified candidate must have knowledge of ERP and Planning Systems, BI Tools and Retail POS systems and experience implementing/working with these types of systems.
- Leadership capability to drive cross functional partnerships to meet business goals
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects without putting quality or deadlines at risk
- Proven record of delivering technical and non-technical projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding business and organizational initiatives
- Ability to foster collaboration, communicate and influence
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated skills interacting at various levels of an organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Apply for this job online Apply
Share on your newsfeed