Job title: Manager – Gift Shop (Memphis TN)
Company: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Job description: At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we’re calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Under the general supervision of the Sr. Manager of Merchandise Marketing, manages the ALSAC Gift Shop and all associated components. This includes but is not limited to: Store operations: (reporting, security), Personnel Management (staffing & scheduling, training and retention), Marketing (displaying items, marketing and sales within ALSAC and St Jude, providing exceptional service to families, patients, employees, and visitors). Works closely with the ALSAC Merchandise Marketing team to replenish, price, display merchandise and create marketing and sales plans. Coordinates and implements retail sales strategies, including annual clearance sales.
1. Performs essential job functions in an established office environment under normal lighting and climate control tolerances.
2. Acts as a “Super user” on new Counterpoint Sequel Point of Sale system. Responsible for all POS functions and reporting. Responsible for ensuring training and knowledge of core staff and fill in staff. Manages off-line sales mode when at outside events including set up, reconciliation, and reporting.
3. Plans, Executes and reconciles all aspects of outside event sales. Decides on merchandise to be sold at outside events, along with renting space, and ordering fixtures, Plans setup and display at all outside events. Responsible for deposits, balancing inventory and returns. Manages all staffing needs including core in store staff as well as volunteer support staff.
4. Responsible for driving the strategic direction of the ALSAC Gift Shop and all related operations to maximize revenues, minimize costs and enhance the brand awareness among campus visitors, patient families, employees and strategic partners that visit the ALSAC Gift Shop. Manages the ALSAC Gift Shop and all related operations in accordance with the ALSAC Culture pillars.
5. Creates a marketing plan including sales and promotions. Develops merchandise mix and works closely with ALSAC Merchandise Marketing team to replenish, price, and display merchandise. Manages inventory levels and coordinates clearance sales, markdowns with ALSAC Merchandise Marketing team. Provides excellent customer service to staff, guests, and visitors. Coordinates annual physical inventory with inventory company, ITS, and Merchandise Marketing. Manages receiving and staging process for merchandise in conjunction with Merchandise Marketing and warehouse. Requires use of a personal computer.
6. Manages the Gift Shop staff. Responsible for hiring, orientation, coaching, training and counseling of staff. Manages daily activities and assigns tasks. Monitors performance, provides feedback, and completes annual performance reviews. Prepares and maintains work schedules of staff.
7. Contributes to the success of the Merchandise Marketing department and furthers its aim in the community. Plans and implements programs to support the department goals and objectives. Communicates to the internal and external communities/departments about programs and events. Coordinates tours and special events with internal event planning and outside tour bus agencies. Trouble shoots problems and informs or escalates to the Sr. Director as needed. Evaluates and makes recommendations for quality improvement of the overall Gift Shop facility and operation.
- Requires knowledge and skill to provide customer service
- Knowledge and skill to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Skill and ability to adapt to change and cope with stress and to solve problems and make decisions
- Knowledge and skill with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, database, and e-mail computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Outlook)
- Requires knowledge ordinarily acquired through a high school diploma or GED and 8-10 years of retail experience that includes direct supervisory experience or a Bachelor’s degree in non-profit administration, communications, marketing, public relations, business, or a related field and 5 years of retail experience that includes direct supervisory experience
- Experience must include purchasing, merchandising, and/or marketing
- Gift industry experience and/or store operation experience strongly preferred
Benefits & Perks
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.
Location: Memphis, TN
Job date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 08:23:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!