Job title: Tools, Fasteners, and Safety Specialist (Sales)
Job description: Position:
If you are looking for a company who is committed to building a relationship with you, who encourages having fun at work, who is powered by difference, and who is passionate about your future, it’s time to apply at Crawford Electric Supply. Known in the electrical distribution industry for being a great place to work and build a career, Crawford prides itself on being a business partner rather than just an electrical supplier to its customers. Everyday Crawford associates provide the best customer experience while at the same time offering the widest variety of electrical products on the market. For the past 30 years, Crawford has built a culture of growth, opportunity, innovative thinking, and stability for its employees by truly living up to the company motto of, “Whatever it Takes!” through our mindset competencies below:
Adapt: Effectively embrace new situation and people
Dare: Appropriately challenge the status quo
Learn: Learn from others, from mistakes, and self-improve
- Be THE authority on product and application knowledge for TFS products – for Crawford Electric associates and customers
- Lead TFS outside sales efforts –
- Personally lead selling efforts to convert existing Large Crawford Electric customers to also buy TFS from Crawford Electric; includes quoting larger potential orders
- Sales and account planning by branch; Both Personally and with vendors, engage branch management and outside sales to convert existing Crawford Electric customers, including extensive joint sales calls.
- Set up processes for the branch to support TFS needs of their customers
- Develop and execute product and pricing strategy, including inventory management strategy
- Become primary point of contact for TFS vendors to:
- Develop product strategy (along with purchasing) for TFS products to be stocked at DC vs. branches
- Drive branch-level engagement between the vendor and branch leadership and inside/outside sales to convert existing Crawford Electric customers to TFS products and drive over-the-counter sales through effective merchandising
- Introduce new products to internal and external customers
- Plan and execute training for internal and external customers, especially related to safety and new products
- Support marketing with quarterly and/or vendor specific promotions with suggestions of product and promotion types
- Engage and share best practices with TFS specialists across Sonepar
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years in the Electrical Distribution industry
- 2-5 years of experience in a sales role
- People Management
- Electrical product knowledge preferred
- Ability to travel 40% of the time, sometimes overnight
- Must have proven track record of selling Tools, Fasteners and Safety to medium/ large contractors;
- Ability to understand customer needs to present and deliver solutions (products and services);
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Understand the balance between product/brands to the market with inventory / operational requirements
- Ability to help drive promotions and marketing communication to “pull” demand from customers
- Ability to manage merchandising of TFS product in Branches
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate and present effectively with / to customers, vendors, division leaders, purchasing, marketing, outside/inside sales, customer service reps and account reps in a professional manner
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Must have good analytical and computer skills including mastery of MS Office software
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Crawford is an equal opportunity employer
Crawford is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA.
Location: Irving, TX
Job date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 23:57:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!